A City Councilman in Cleveland, Ohio is praising the action taken by a resident. “Whoever shot this dirt bag ought to get a medal. I might get a proclamation for him.” – Ward 11 Councilman Mike Polensek Jacquella Lattimore left the house to take her children to camp when she was accosted by three men who […]
After three men took $600 from his cashier at gunpoint, Los Angeles restaurant manager Sam Lacatus, 47, opened fire with a .45 pistol he got from under the counter. As one robber ran through the restaurant’s glass door, Lacatus hit him. The other two men escaped with the money. Source: Times; Los Angeles, CA; November 1969
A gunman entered a Philadelphia deli shortly after 6 p.m. on Tuesday, police said, where he drew a weapon and went behind the counter to where the owner’s wife was standing. Pointing the gun to her chest, he forced her to her knees and ordered her to open the cash register. As she started taking […]
Charlie Blackmore was driving home around 4 a.m. when he spotted a woman being assaulted along the side of the road. A man had pushed her to the ground and was kicking her repeatedly in the head and stomach. Blackmore stopped his car and ordered the man to stop the attack. The assailant then turned his […]
After two windows were broken simultaneously in her Elyria, Ohio, home, Mrs. Mary Farkas got a .22 revolver, entered the kitchen and found a man peering in. Meanwhile an accomplice climbed in a front window. Mrs. Farkas fired a shot that sent both men fleeing, one leaving behind a machete. Police apprehended three men later […]
A local 31-year-old man may have thought breaking into a senior citizen’s home early Saturday would be easy pickings. But that was before he met the 88-year-old woman who owns the residence. Sgt. Brice Woolly, Ardmore Police Department Patrol Division, said dispatchers received a call about 4:35 a.m. “The call was from an alarm company. […]
George Zimmerman, who is being accused of “hatefully gunning down” an African-American “child” isn’t guilty of anything “except protecting his own life.” That’s what his attorney said in closing arguments this morning. Zimmerman is being charged with murder for deploying his lawfully carried firearm when he said Travon Martin charged him, pinned him to the […]
One afternoon, a 37-year-old mother of two heard a knock at the front door of her home. At first, the woman assumed the visitor was a solicitor and told her 9-year-old twins not to answer. When the knocking continued and the door bell began ringing repeatedly, the woman called her husband at work. Her husband […]
- Here’s what you need to know about gun confiscation January 17, 2013
- Walmart fires employees for self-defense February 16, 2011
- ATF “Emergency Order” is a gun registration scheme January 6, 2011
- Utah BCI Problems Issuing Concealed Firearm Permits June 25, 2009
- Obama Renominates Anti-Gun Traver To Head ATF January 7, 2011
- Cleveland resident shoots intruder holding fiancée at gunpoint; applauded by councilman July 19, 2013
- California restaurant manager with .45 pistol confronts 3 armed robbers July 18, 2013
- “If my husband hadn’t shot him, he would have been shot.” July 17, 2013
- Wisconsin man with concealed carry permit stops brutal roadside assault, holds attacker for police July 16, 2013
- Machete wielding home invaders flee when confronted by a woman with her .22 revolver July 15, 2013
- Joe Levi: Thanks, Bruce!...
- Joe Levi: When we fought the Revolutionary War citizens had ...
- Shelley Wright Hier: I married into a family of hunters, I hunt, we own...
- GunDudes Episode 254: Open-Carry Gun Run, for charity: [...] Derek sent in a story: Texas dad shoots and ...
- GunDudes Episode 242: Training to shoot while moving and reloading: [...] The show notes are on hold due to the breaki...