The Utah Defensive Pistol League matches include a Handgun Steel Challenge, Saturday, June 18th, 2011 and a 3-Gun Match on Saturday, June 25th. Remember that you must have participated in at least 1 UDPL event prior to shooting a UDPL 3-Gun Match. All shooters must pre-register using the new online match registration system at http://www.udplevents.net […]
Archive | Activism RSS feed for this section
The Utah Summer Games include most major sports, including many of the shooting sports. The shooting will be June 15-18th, 2011, and include events for air guns, hunter class rifles, on up to Olympic class pistols and service rifle high power competition. These are popular events and USSC encourages everyone to participate. If you did […]
The Fort Douglas Day celebration this Saturday will be great fun for the entire family with lots of activities, and a very good museum highlighting Utah’s military history, and firearms. Come on out and enjoy: Cannon firings! Vintage Military vehicle parade honoring WW2 veterans! Reenactors! Civil War Encampment! Special WW1 and WW2 equipment displays! Great […]
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF)’s PROJECT GUNRUNNER allowed gun sales to criminals so they could present “evidence” to the administration that the Second Amendment should be restricted or abolished! While the Obama administration was blaming our gun rights for the drug war violence in Mexico, its very own gun sting operation looks […]
The “library records” provision of the so-called Patriot Act could also be known as the “gun records” provision, because it also allows the FBI to seize the forms you use to buy guns. This infamous provision, Section 215, is a direct assault on your Fourth Amendment rights because it allows the FBI to obtain personal […]
A historic right to carry lawsuit is currently taking place in the state of New Jersey. The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs (ANJRPC), and 6 plaintiffs have filed suit against several New Jersey officials for deprivation of civil rights under color of law. The 6 plaintiffs—who are […]
Shooting Events in Utah County The Utah Defensive Pistol League has all sorts of stuff planned. Check their web site http://www.udpl.net/results/index.html for details and schedules. The next match March 19th, 2011. Are Cowboys Afraid of Cold Weather? USSC hasn’t been getting any information from all the cowboy action shooters. They’d be glad to pass it along […]
The 2011 Utah Legislative Session ends Thursday at 11:59pm. There are still two high priority pro-gun bills which may be considered along with several less important ones. Seven pro-gun bills have passed already. Sadly, one was defeated. HB 129 by Rep. Carl Wimmer is the “Constitutional Carry” bill that would eliminate the need for law […]
Other stuff you’ll like
- Here’s what you need to know about gun confiscation January 17, 2013
- Walmart fires employees for self-defense February 16, 2011
- ATF “Emergency Order” is a gun registration scheme January 6, 2011
- Utah BCI Problems Issuing Concealed Firearm Permits June 25, 2009
- Nature Conservancy Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve; West Layton, Utah June 22, 2009
- Transgender Bathrooms and Gun Free Zones April 29, 2016
- IHC, Bountiful, Utah April 28, 2016
- Are Social Media and Visas the end-game for Universal Gun Control? December 15, 2015
- Should be able to buy a gun if your name is on the No Fly List? December 14, 2015
- Chattanooga and the Oath July 21, 2015
- Joe Levi: Thanks, Bruce!...
- Joe Levi: When we fought the Revolutionary War citizens had ...
- Shelley Wright Hier: I married into a family of hunters, I hunt, we own...
- GunDudes Episode 254: Open-Carry Gun Run, for charity: [...] Derek sent in a story: Texas dad shoots and ...
- GunDudes Episode 242: Training to shoot while moving and reloading: [...] The show notes are on hold due to the breaki...