“Open Carry” (often referred to as “Constitutional Carry”) is a term used to describe the unconcealed carrying of a firearm (the operative word being “unconcealed”). This is what most on-duty police officers and armed military personnel do, but in this context it typically refers to civilians (or citizens). Open-Carry differs from Concealed-Carry in that the […]
Tag Archives | concealed-carry
Recently we ran an article detailing our recommendations on how to conduct yourself during a traffic stop while armed. Ironically, one of our writers, Joe Levi, ran into just such a situation only days after the story was run. The following is his account in his words (used with permission). It’s been years since I […]
Question Most of the time while at work my suit jacket is off so I just have suit pants, shirt, tie, etc. The way I figure my pretty much ONLY option for carry is an ankle rig. Pocket carry would seem just too difficult to conceal… even with a 642. Anything I’m missing here? Answer […]
A reader of a forum posted this question (paraphrased): This may be odd to some, I have been carrying my firearm for about a month and have yet to carry it fully loaded. I’m just now getting used to the Holster and weight. When I’m carrying I think about what if something happens and I […]
- Here’s what you need to know about gun confiscation January 17, 2013
- Walmart fires employees for self-defense February 16, 2011
- ATF “Emergency Order” is a gun registration scheme January 6, 2011
- Utah BCI Problems Issuing Concealed Firearm Permits June 25, 2009
- Obama Renominates Anti-Gun Traver To Head ATF January 7, 2011
- Cleveland resident shoots intruder holding fiancée at gunpoint; applauded by councilman July 19, 2013
- California restaurant manager with .45 pistol confronts 3 armed robbers July 18, 2013
- “If my husband hadn’t shot him, he would have been shot.” July 17, 2013
- Wisconsin man with concealed carry permit stops brutal roadside assault, holds attacker for police July 16, 2013
- Machete wielding home invaders flee when confronted by a woman with her .22 revolver July 15, 2013
- Joe Levi: Thanks, Bruce!...
- Joe Levi: When we fought the Revolutionary War citizens had ...
- Shelley Wright Hier: I married into a family of hunters, I hunt, we own...
- GunDudes Episode 254: Open-Carry Gun Run, for charity: [...] Derek sent in a story: Texas dad shoots and ...
- GunDudes Episode 242: Training to shoot while moving and reloading: [...] The show notes are on hold due to the breaki...