Utah’s Governor, Gary Herbert, just vetoed HB76S1 - Constitutional Carry. “The right to bear arms … is a fundamental right which must be jealously protected,” wrote the Governor in a letter to House Speaker Rebecca Lockhart and Senate President Wayne Niederhauser. “HB 76S1 does not, however, impose a restriction on the right to bear arms. Rather, it […]
Tag Archives | constitutional carry
Utah recently passed HB 76, which I call “Constitutional Carry Lite” out of the House and the Senate. It now goes to the Governor for his signature. Unfortunately, Governor Herbert has hinted that he would veto such legislation were it to come across his desk. I just sent the following email to Utah’s Governor Herbert. You’re […]
The 2011 Utah Legislative Session ends Thursday at 11:59pm. There are still two high priority pro-gun bills which may be considered along with several less important ones. Seven pro-gun bills have passed already. Sadly, one was defeated. HB 129 by Rep. Carl Wimmer is the “Constitutional Carry” bill that would eliminate the need for law […]
The Legislature’s session ends Thursday at midnight. Seven good gun bills have already passed, details are on theUSSC website. They still are working on many bills, but Utah Shooting Sports Council needs your help to push them to work on an important pro-gun bill! Contact your State Representative by email, phone or FAX and ask them […]
From the USSC newsletter (December 2010) by Brian Judy, NRA-ILA Utah State Liaison: The implementation of “Constitutional Carry” has been proposed by many pro-gun activists in the State of Utah and word is that legislation on the subject will be introduced in the 2011 legislative session. The National Rifle Association – Institute for Legislative Action […]
USSC is working with sponsors on several gun-related bills. Check the USSC website for the latest info on pending gun bills in the Legislature. Two have been discussed in public so far: Senator John Valentine’s SB 36 will require that people applying for a NON-RESIDENT Utah Concealed Weapons Permit will need to have a permit […]
“Open Carry” (often referred to as “Constitutional Carry”) is a term used to describe the unconcealed carrying of a firearm (the operative word being “unconcealed”). This is what most on-duty police officers and armed military personnel do, but in this context it typically refers to civilians (or citizens). Open-Carry differs from Concealed-Carry in that the […]
If you’re in Utah… H.B. 129 Constitutional Carry Please contact the House Law Enforcement, and Criminal Justice Committee members regarding Utah H.B. 129 “Constitutional Carry”. COMMITTEE MEETS AT 8:00 AM TUESDAY H.B. 129 FIREARMS LAW MODIFICATIONS (Constitutional Carry) is stuck in Committee. Please contact all committee members and ask that they pass this bill with […]
- Here’s what you need to know about gun confiscation January 17, 2013
- Walmart fires employees for self-defense February 16, 2011
- ATF “Emergency Order” is a gun registration scheme January 6, 2011
- Utah BCI Problems Issuing Concealed Firearm Permits June 25, 2009
- Do you carry a flashlight? March 30, 2009
- Navy Veteran: I’ve got domestic enemies now March 4, 2014
- Will Facebook ban gun pages? March 4, 2014
- We are now a Proud Member of the Gun Rights Network! February 21, 2014
- Oklahoma Lawmaker wants educators to stop punishing kids for making finger guns January 16, 2014
- Man with AK-47 defends himself from home invaders January 15, 2014
- Joe Levi: Thanks, Bruce!...
- Joe Levi: When we fought the Revolutionary War citizens had ...
- Shelley Wright Hier: I married into a family of hunters, I hunt, we own...
- GunDudes Episode 254: Open-Carry Gun Run, for charity: [...] Derek sent in a story: Texas dad shoots and ...
- GunDudes Episode 242: Training to shoot while moving and reloading: [...] The show notes are on hold due to the breaki...