Mackroy Griffin was checking the gas pumps at the Atlanta, Ga., car rental agency where he works when a man struck him on the head with a sawed-off shotgun and snarled, “Don’t move or I’ll kill you.” Griffin knocked the weapon aside, drew a pistol and shot his assailant, who fled. Police later questioned a [...]
Tag Archives | pistol
After waiting until all customers had left, two men, one wearing a long coat, entered a Fontana, Calif., book store and approached the clerk Larry Singleton. When Singleton saw a gun being pulled from under the coat, he snatched up a pistol from beneath the counter and fired two shots. Both would-be robbers ran. Source: The [...]
Boat owner Norman Long of Chicago, Ill., was awakened by his wife who heard noises aboard their yacht. Long grabbed a 9 mm pistol and surprised a burglar. When the intruder tried to flee, Long halted him by firing four shots into the air. He soon was arrested. Source: The Chicago Daily News, Chicago, Ill.; [...]
NRA Life Member Richard Willard awoke to the sounds of someone rummaging about his Woolwich, Maine, home. Armed with a pistol, he entered his living room and confronted an intruder who threw a chair at him. Willard fired one shot that sent the man crashing through a door in a hasty retreat. Source: The Newspaper, [...]
Three men arrived for an appointment at the Winchester, Ind., coin shop of Leon Hendrickson carrying pistols in an apparent robbery attempt. But in the scuffle that followed, Hendrickson’s wife shot one of the intruders fatally with a pistol and her husband held another suspect at bay with a shotgun. The third would-be bandit escaped [...]
Alone in his Little Rock, Ark., beverage store, Floyd Strickland was approached by 2 thugs, one of whom was carrying a single-shot rifle with a sawed off barrel. Without saying a word, the armed bandit fired at Strickland, wounding him in the arm. Strickland pulled out his pistol and fired 5 shots at the intruders. [...]
- Here’s what you need to know about gun confiscation January 17, 2013
- Walmart fires employees for self-defense February 16, 2011
- ATF “Emergency Order” is a gun registration scheme January 6, 2011
- Utah BCI Problems Issuing Concealed Firearm Permits June 25, 2009
- CONTEST: We’re Giving Away an NRA Membership! March 5, 2013
- Armed Texas homeowner stands his ground, stops 3 men trying to break into his appartment May 18, 2013
- Man with concealed carry permit shoots suspect, puts and end to pawn shop robbery May 17, 2013
- Arizona woman wakes to find burglar in her bedroom, shoots him with her .22 revolver May 16, 2013
- Washington homeowner confronts armed burglars with her shotgun, kills one, wounds the other May 15, 2013
- Armed Washington homeowner shoots two prowlers outside his home May 14, 2013
- GunDudes Episode 242: Training to shoot while moving and reloading: [...] The show notes are on hold due to the breaki...
- Bruce Boelter: http://www.inquisitr.com/614762/new-york-gun-contr...
- Bruce Boelter: Hey progressive nutjob, open your mind before your...
- Bruce Boelter: NYC, last week confiscated guns and permit from an...
- Joe Levi: While your comment is technically correct, the Sio...